If you prefer to listen than read, this 25 minute podcast is a great way to get to know Nature’s Child.
Nature’s Child is a creation from Jannine Barron who was shocked by the amount of disposable and plastic products that she was expected to use when her baby was born. Driven to create the purest possible baby essentials range that produces little or no waste as well as costing families less, Nature’s Child are proud to set the standard and push environmental boundaries in an over polluted industry. Our Children are precious and we know that we have a responsibility to leave the planet in a better state for them.
Nature’s Child is a Australian Company based in Byron Bay Northern NSW that stands for:
- Ethical Products and Truth on Label
- Cruelty free – never tested on animals
- Absolutely no petrochemicals and nothing synthetic
- Glass & Cardboard Packaging with no or minimal plastic that is 100% recyclable
- Palm Oil Free
- Fragrance Free
- Zero Waste Packaging and 100% Recylable Packaging
- Ensuring packaging that allows you to use 100% of the product
Nature’s Child is a company known for:
- Being one of the first on line baby stores in Australia
- Being the Very first Organic Baby Store and Cloth Nappy Retailer in 2000
- Own Brand, Gentle, effective products that prevent skin problems by using the purest products
- 100% Natural and Certified Organic products that soothe problem skin
- Internationally recognised Australian organic certification that you can trust
- Only 100% Pure essential oils with certification in our products
- Supporting a family cooperative in India who make our Organic Cotton Products fair trade
- Just Beautiful Baby Products that you absolutely need in a form that won’t irritate baby or upset nature’s balance on your skin or your baby’s skin.
Nature’s Child was born in July 2000 in the beachside town of Byron Bay, NSW. It is fitting that Australia’s First Organic Baby Store was born in a town where Natural Birth is actively supported and where Indigenous women traditionally came to birth. So many births and firsts in Byron Bay!
From humble beginnings in a garage in Byron Bay, Nature’s Child is the Australian Pioneer of Organic Baby Products that parents can use every day such as cloth nappies, breast pads and baby wipes. We were the first in Australia and remain the most recognised Certified Organic Baby Brand in Australia.
When our owner Jannine Barron had her first child in 1995, she was shocked by the disposable nature of the baby products on offer. They were based on a throw away mentality, made largely from plastics and synthetic fabrics, they were costly and largely pointless.
Jannine says “There are lots of reusable choices now but you have to imagine 20 yrs ago, the idea of a fabric, reusable breast pad or a cloth nappy made most people frown and look puzzled. But fortunately, a new wave of eco-minded parents and certainly our grandmothers, smiled and supported our new venture” Many reusable products now are still made from polyester or fabrics that sound natural but still actually require a lot of chemicals to grow them. We focus on Organic Cotton because there is independent certification that monitors and limits or deletes chemical use. We believe Certification is an important standard by which the eco friendly nature of a fibre should be judged.
“I knew that if we were patient and parents slowly embraced this idea, we would witness an organic and eco revolution. This is exactly what has happened 17yrs since we started!. I am just so proud of all the parents that made this a reality and for my awesome team over the years that has delivered the purest and the best to parents internationally”